Little Red Riding Hood

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

I hope that everyone had a wonderful holiday weekend.  I know that the Memorial Day weekend is the unofficial kickoff to the summer season.  I can't believe it's already the end of May and we're halfway through 2012.  I'm excited to be in full swing of the wedding season.

With all the fairytale shows on TV- Grimm and Once Upon a Time and movies - Mirror, Mirror and Snow White and the Huntsman related to the childhood stories we've all grown up with, I myself have been watching Once Upon a Time.  I think it's really cool how the show incorporates all the fairy tale characters we're familiar with and how they are intertwined in the show.  Also, I can't wait to see Snow White and the Huntsman this Friday.  From the previews, it seems a little on the dark side but I'm excited to see Charlize Theron in it.

My other favorite show, Top Chef, had an episode with Charlize as a guest judge and they had the chefs create a meal based on the upcoming movie and I loved how dark and creative the food presentation was. So hard to choose who I thought should have been the winner from that episode, they were all so aweome!

I wanted to share a photo shoot I did last Spring with Carissa Woo of Carissa Woo Photography and Betty Lang of Vanda Events based on Little Red Riding Hood with all the craze of fairy taled themed shows and movies.


images via Carissa Woo Photography
In the table setting, we were going more of a rustic feel and we used a burlap runner.  I also placed a small bundle of wheat for each place setting.


images via Carissa Woo Photography
 The boutonnier consists of a red ranunculus, wheat, seeded eucalyptus and privet berries.  For the table florals, I decided to do a set of three arrangements to break things up and wanted to incorporate the grape vine wreath at the base along with individual white bud vases with the red ranunculus.

images via Carissa Woo Photography
Boy, do I have a sweet tooth!!  We had a dessert table filled with cupcakes, brownie bites, cake and that's just to name a few... I wanted to eat it all. :)



images via Carissa Woo Photography


This little red shoot was featured on The Wedding Chicks and also Wedding Obession- Canadian wedding inspiration for the modern bride.  Head on over there and enjoy!