Happy New Year!!!

Thursday, January 31, 2013

Hello!  Happy 2013, I was hoping to squeeze in a new post before the end of January.  This month truly flew by and I can't believe February is already here.  As I get older, the years go by quicker and quicker.  It's crazy!!

I know that I've been slacking quite terribly when it comes to blogging, but I hope this year I will be better at it.  I'm hoping to post at least one per month... more would be better.  We'll see how it goes.


Two years ago,  Nancy at So Happi Together and Jane at Olive Hue asked if I wanted to join forces to enter into a design challenge that Utterly Engaged was hosting.  I know...it's taken this long to share the images from this contest.  It was a little hectic since I entered the challenge as well as provided florals for the event.

The icing on the cake was that our table won the challenge and we were stoked about it.  I know that we all worked really hard putting it together.  I remember Nancy, Jane and I were making the popcorn for the garland backdrop, stringing it together and then Nancy making the popcorn balls and we had to spray paint everything.  It was quite time consuming but the end result was quite worth it.


These images were taken by D. Park Photography.  Thanks guys!!  I love how you capture these images in a block style setting.


I covered the container in gold fabric and banded it with gold sequin strands.  I love the effect of the shimmer of it backdropped by the fuchsia sequined table linen.  Peonies, hydrangeas, tulips, astilbe and nerine filled this hot pink creation.


Yummy fuchsia peonies in gold mercury glasses.  Loving the gold and fuchsia palette for this tablescape.  Nancy is the the one that came up with the concept and design for our table~ you are one talented lady!!




Jane created these lovely paper goods for our table.  I just think they are so adorable!  If you need a designer for your next event or party, contact Jane.  She's your girl!


You can check out the rest of our tablescape and shoot in Utterly Engaged's issue 15.